Young Talent Scholarship Programme 2019
The Vingroup Innovation Foundation (VINIF) was established by Vingroup to support organizations and individuals in conducting scientific, technological and innovative research and development, aimed to bring in positive and sustainable changes for Vietnam.
The VINIF call of Young Talent Scholarship Program 2019 is for the domestic Master and PhD students with the details as follows:
1. Objectives and contents:
The financial support is provided for outstanding students who are or will be pursuing the domestic postgraduate study programmes (Master or PhD study programmes) in the fields of science, technology, engineering, medicine and pharmacy. The scholarship includes the following categories:
- a) Scholarships for Academic Study (Academic Scholarships): A scholarship of one hundred and twenty million dong (VND 120,000,000) is for a Master student. A scholarship of one hundred and fifty million dong (VND 150,000,000) is for a PhD student. A scholarship is awarded one (01) time right after signing the sponsorship contract.
- b) Scholarships for International Publication: This is for the Master and PhD students who were awarded Scholarships for Academic Study to attend and present the research results at international scientific workshops and conferences. The funding covers the travel and accommodation expenses.
- a) Final year university students, university lecturers, researchers at Higher Education and Research Institutions (universities, research institutes),who are going to study the postgraduate programmes.
- b) Master or PhD students who are currently following the full-time postgraduate study programmes at Higher Education and Research Institutions (universities, research institutes) in Vietnam.
3. Selection criteria
- a) Academic Scholarships for Master study programmes: A potential candididate should obtain the excellent undergraduate study result, graduated with the Grade Point Average (GPA) of above 8.5/10. A candididate who obtains the good undergraduate study result, graduated with the GPA from 7/10 to 8.5/10, should have the scientific and technological research awards and achievements within two (02) years prior to the time of application.
- b) Academic Scholarships for PhD study programmes: A potential candididate should obtain the good postgraduate study result, a Master degree with the GPA of above 7.0/10, with the scientific and technological research awards and achievements within two (02) years prior to the time of application.
- c) Scholarships for International Publications: Master and PhD students who have the outstanding scientific research outcomes accepted for the oral presentation at international scientific workshops and conferences. These workshops or conferences must (1) be periodically organized by the well-recoganised organisations and committees, who are the scientists and experts with the excellent research track records and papers published in the prestigious journals in the fields relevant to the conference or workshop, and (2) have an electronic website for information dissemination.
- d) Higher Education and Research Institutions (universities, research institutes) which provide the postgraduate study programmes have the signed memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Vingroup.
- e) Postgraduate students (Master or PhD study programmes) may receive scholarships in a number of years. The maximum duration of Academic Scholarship is two (02) years for Master study programmes and three (03) years for PhD study programmes. Academic Scholarship for the coming year is granted based on the assessment of academic and research achievements of the previous year.
4. Requirements on performance results
- a) Master and PhD students receiving Academic Scholarship are required to attend the scholarship awarding ceremony at a location to be announced by VINIF. The relevant costs associated with the accomodation and travel to atttend the scholarship awarding ceremony are funded by VINIF.
- b) A Master and PhD student must spend his/her full academic year(s) to study and/or conduct the research within the framework of the registered study programme at Higher Education and Research Institutions (universities, research institutes), at least twelve (12) months after receiving the scholarship.
- c) At the end of the Academic Scholarship period, Master and PhD students are required to submit their research reports with comments from his/her advisor(s) or supervisor(s). After atteding an international scientific workshop or conference, Master and PhD students are required to submit the evidences of their attendance to VINIF.
- d) The acknowledgement message for the published research papers and reports done by Master and PhD students during the time of receiving the scholarship or as the results from the received scholarship is as follows: “This work was supported by the Young Talent Scholarship Programme of Vingroup Innovation Foundation (VINIF)”.
Scholarships for Academic Study (Academic Scholarships):
The candidate is required to complete the online application and submit a hard copy of the following:
- Application for Academic Scholarship (template VINIF-TNT-DDK);
- Scientific biography (template VINIF-TNT-LLKH);
- Copy of the bachelor’s degree and transcripts (Academic Scholarship for Master study programmes); Copy of a Master dgree and transcripts (Academic Scholarship for PhD study programmes);
- Description of objectives, contents, methodology, study/research plan and expected results (template VINIF-TNT-TMTN);
- One (01) letter of reference from the prestigious scientist (Academic Scholarship for Master study programmes); Two (02) letters of reference from the prestigious scientists (Academic Scholarship for PhD study programmes) (template VINIF-TNT-TGT);
- Confirmation of admission (if applicable).
Scholarships for International Publication:
The candidate is required to complete the online application and submit the following additional documents:
- Application for Scholarships for International Publication (template VINIF-TNT-DDKCB);
- Scientific report (full text) and slides to be presented at the conference or workshop, with the clear details of the acknowledgement about the support of VINIF;
- Budget estimates with the details about the funding supported by VINIF and other funding sources, including the self-support (template VINIF-TNT-DTCP).
6. Implementation plan and address for receipt of applications
For the Scholarships for Academic Study (Academic Scholarships), VINIF will issue the call for application for Young Talent Scholarship Programme 2019, receive the application documents, implement the selection process with the support of an advisory board, and award the sponsorship contract, with the following timelines:
- Call for applications: March 2019;
- Receipt of applications: From 1 April 1 to 15 July 2019;
- Selection: From 15 July to15 September 2019;
- Notice of selection results: September 2019;
- Scholarship announcement: October 2019.
For the Scholarships for International Publication, VINIF will receive applications, then select and announce the selection results within 30 days from the date of receiving the full application.
Address for receiving application:
Vingroup Big Data Institute
5th Floor, Tower 1, Times City,
458 Minh Khai, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi, Vietnam