The Vingroup Innovation Foundation (VINIF) approaches more than 50 leading research institutes and universities across the country for signing a coopeation Memoradum of Understanding (MOU) and targets students in the final academic year, Vietnamese lecturers and scientists working in Vietnam and abroad.
I. ANNUAL RESEARCH GRANTS:
1. Host organizations
- Working in the fields relevant to the proposed research areas, having a seal and bank account, having the right to participate in the selection of and direct management of scientific and technological research projects.
- Having signed a MOU with Vingroup on annual research grants, experience exchanges with professors and among students, researchers; teaching and knowledge sharing.
2. Project leaders
- Scientist with a doctorate.
- Appropriate professional experience and achievements in the prioritized research fields.
Be able to directly organize implementation of research projects and ensure implementation milestones. In case the project leader is a Vietnamese residing abroad, he/she is required to spend at least 3 months per year working in Vietnam. The number of foreign team members should not exceed 30%.
3. Priority areas
- VINIF funds Bigdata-related scientific research projects such as computer sciences, artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, automation, nano-technology, renewable energy, new generation materials, etc.
- For other areas, VINIF will consider breakthrough projects having great impact on the society.
II. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOMESTIC STUDIES
1. Research institutes, universities:
Research institutes and universities having signed MOU with Vingroup can actively develop a master training program and apply for VINIF master scholarships.
2. Individuals who will enroll in a postgraduate course:
- Students in the final academic year of relevant fields or those having relevant bachelor degrees.
- University lecturers.
- Researchers working in research institutes.
3. Individuals who have enrolled in a postgraduate course:
Graduate and PhD students who have enrolled in a full-time course at a domestic postgraduate training institution.